Thursday, January 28, 2010

Back on the Wagon, Blog 2

So I skipped Wednesday as I was dead tired and my knees were sore (no idea why) so I took the night off. Also went up half a pound which is disappointing but really my own fault. i have not been honest with myself lately as i have found that I am slipping into old habits of nibbling on things I shouldn't. IE: Candy bars. Yep, I love em which is stupid because I am Diabetic, but there is a certain freedom with my Insulin Pump that I can have anything I want as long as I know how many grams of carbs are in it and well, they print that shit right on the wrapper so....

I know, I know... knock it off dummy, you're only cheating yourself. Saying it out loud makes it easier to deal with, part of my 12-steps. Had a good workout tonight, did my 45 on the treadmill with 2 sessions of running. 4 minutes at the 30 minute mark and then I did another 3 minutes leading up to the 10 minute mark. Felt good, to push myself on that. Did some resistance bands after that and stretched as it was getting late and I was running out of gas.

All and all I feel pretty good. I need to start getting to bed earlier, as I am dragging a bit during the day but overall I feel fantastic. I have noticed that my clothes are a little to big on me now. I can now take of my jeans without undoing the button and my 2x t-shirts are starting to fit awfully big on me. Pam and I have decided to not buy any new clothes until our journey is done as it will be a waste otherwise so I will deal with it for now. I will be one of those "pants on the ground" kids for a while I guess. Good thing I work where I work and I can get away with it.

I am starting to think of this blog as my diary now, which I know is a little girlie, but it is something I can look back on in six months and have a chuckle at my early struggles and track my progress as I go. I love the encouragement I get on here, but that is not why I write. It is my history that I am putting in words for me and those who wish to follow along, and I just love doing it.

Oh and one more thing... protein shakes are gross!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You know, I don't think you should wait to buy new clothes. It can be somewhat disheartening when you're wearing baggy clothes and look frumpy. Personally, I bought two pairs of jeans that took me for 2 months, and I felt better about myself. Now those jeans are literally falling off me, so I bought one more, lower size and hope that will get me through 1-2 more months. You NEED to feel good. Looking in the mirror and seeing progress because your clothes match where you are in size feels good, feels encouraging. I wouldn't wait. I actually started out thinking the exact same way, but I HAD to buy something.
    There are good tasting protein shakes out there...you're going to have to shop for those too..LOL.
    Good job getting back on the wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa!!! I'm not really disheartened by it so much as money has been a little tight of late and we are really getting back on track lately so I don't want to wrry about it right now. In the spring will probably be a different story when I stop "layering up" but for now I am fine. Hopefully you get yourself healthy again as well, sounds like you have had quite a rough time lately.

    ReplyDelete