Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 4, sick day for Boo.

Spent the day at home today because my daughter got sick at school yesterday so we kept her home and I stayed with her. Diet wise, not bad, not great. No junk food today but I did have some Cream of Broccoli soup for lunch with some crackers and a little cheese. Low fat soup but a little more sodium than is the norm right now. Had a great dinner of Talapia coated in Fat-Free Ranch dressing with some seasoned breadcrumbs, steamed rice and carrots, and a Pear for dessert. Did my workout around 8 pm tonight which is still earlier than the last few days so it is a start. BG was 16 before the workout as the pear was an extra that I didn't take Insulin for, which was the plan and i cranked back my basal by 90% for 2 hours. worked like a charm.

Made it through my 45 minutes on the treadmill no problem, only made it up to 4.8 on the speed as my shins were being troublesome tonight(pretty sure i need new runners), but still managed a distance of 3.49, still doing it at a 3% incline and it really works up a sweat. Then I attempted the ab straps again. I hate these things, they plain hurt. Will continue doing it and as my weight goes down, hopefully it gets better.

The routine is building and I am still enjoying it, which is the biggest part for me. It's all part of my journey and it's going to be long and hard (that's what she said) but it will be worth it in the end.

until tomorrow.....

2 comments:

  1. Hey there. P90X has some exercises on the X Stretch DVD for warding off shin splints. It's near the end of the video....and it only takes a few minutes. You should try them. They're easy to do...and will likely help you with the treadmill.
    Awesome job, as always :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, will have a look. Not so much splints as tightness, it was ok by the end, but my orthotics aren't doing the job right now as they have settled into my shoes too much.

    ReplyDelete