Monday, January 11, 2010

Better late than never.

So this is a recap of the last 3 days.

Friday was a workday and I got off to a late start on my workout after a late dinner and a 1/2 pound back-up at weigh in.... gggrrrrr!!!!

Anyway, so I did an abbreviated workout on Friday: 20 minutes on the tready, my perfect pull up routine with an extra standing pull-up to replace the standard ones I cannot do still, Sparg routine which I changed up to do 2 full widths of the basement on all exercises to broaden the workout (it had been on like a width and a half on the 20 second routine) and then I added in resistance bands to the mix. Curls, pull-ups and triceps using the medium band. Not thrilled about the 20 minutes on the treadmill but I did some interval training to get a sweat going and it seemed to work pretty good. Actually really enjoyed this workout.

Saturday was a no workout day as we were out and about all day. Also went to the movies and had some popcorn (my one must have) and had a slice of pizza and 2 chicken wings for dinner. Not great I know, but you still have to live and i didn't do any damage as far as weight gain went as I drank a tonne of water that day. Life is going to happen like that sometimes and I think your inclination is to avoid the situations instead of just being smart about it. I'm not going to cut myself off from those people around me I count as friends simply because I am on this journey. if I can't handle this type of thing now with a better approach, how will I be when I am done this journey and off my program. I will just revert back to old habits. I love food; that will never change, but my approach and attitude towards it must and has changed so as long as I behave myself, a little indulgence on occasion is just fine in my books.

Sunday was another run around day but I got my full workout in. Full 45 on the treadmill and did my pull-ups, Sparq and the resistance bands again. Got off late but no excuse not to do the full workout last night. Got to bed around 10:30.

Today is weigh-in and I am hoping for the best but we will see. If I go up it will be my own fault and not much and that is something I have to deal with. I won't feel bad about it because it was my decision to eat what I did and circumstances didn't allow me to workout like I have been.

We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment