Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 2... setback?

So it's day 2 and I feel like I have had a setback.

Started the day well with a nice healthy brunch of an omlette with Tomatoes, cheese (fat free of course) and a little leftover Steak from last night; very good. Then we ran into the city to visit with some friends and then back out to Whitby where we live. We couldn't exit at our usual ramp as it was closed off because of the repatriation of the fallen soldiers today so we continued on out to Oshawa to the Walmart Superstore to pick up a few things. A new mount for our GPS as our old one one was stolen out of our car, some yogurt and other lunch stuff and...a frozen pizza... stupid. Delicious, but stupid. Can't go back ad change it now but I was determined to work it off on the treadmill. Tested the old BG and it was 7.9. Not bad, but not where I like it to be for a workout but away I went anyway. About a 1/2 hour into my treadmill routine, started to feel a little dizzy, so I stopped and checked my BG... 3.2.... fuck!!! So had to stop and treat that which so sucked because I was really into it. That took half and hour to get over and by that time I had cooled down (obviously), so I did the ab-strap workout that came with our pull up contraption; so hard, so good, but so hard. Don't know if I will use it again however as it left major marking on my arms and it hurts a lot to use it as you hang with your arms in it. We'll see.

Trying not be too down about this as it is only day two and I don't want to put excuses into my head this early. That is my pattern. Do really well for a week, month, 2 months whatever, then find an excuse to stop. Not this time.

Back to work in the AM and I am honestly looking froward to the return of the routine. It will put me back in my zone I think and really get things back on track. Luckily, I'm not terribly far off.

Until next time..........

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you don't have excuses. You have 'reasons' to modify if you have to. Tony says just because you have an 'injury' or some other thing that is preventing you from doing some things, it doesn't mean that you have to do nothing. So, when you run into problems like you have, just call it a bump in the road, a minor detour, and be proud that you're on the road in the first place!
    Btw, I will talk to Pammy about the meat. Thanx for that. I think you're doing great. Going to enjoy this journey with you and Pammy! Whooshaw! LOL

    ReplyDelete