Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week 2, day 2.

Been having trouble waking up in the mornings, which in turn makes my mornings a whirlwind and poor Pam has had to suffer as I keep dragging her out of bed, and the poor thing has a sinus infection, so I feel awful about that.

Today was a good day. I was nice and busy all day, even had the boss in working with me today which was an experience. Ate really well today, leftovers for lunch and 2 grilled cheeses with fat free chicken and a bowl of tomatoes with fat-free dressing for dinner.

My workout got off to a nice early start tonight and I did 3.56 on the treadmill at 4.6 and then I wanted to get my heart rate to a steady 120 so I upped it to 4.7 which almost did the trick. Averaged about 118 give or take. Then my pull ups, Sparq and Resistance bands.

I am noticing a difference in myself. My jeans are fitting really well, almost loose, right out of the closet which is usually not the case and I have noticed that my t-shirts are(yes, I have a job that allows me to wear jeans and t-shirts all year long if I like) fitting much better. I feel stronger, i feel better and I am still loving heading to the basement for my exercises. I am not trying to get ripped (sorry Pam) I am just trying to get in shape; get healthy and the fact that i am noticing progress already is so gratifying. this may be a means to an end, but it is also a very important beginning for me.

3 comments:

  1. that's okay baby...Matthew McConaghy is making sure I'm taken care in the ripped department :) Healthy is all I want for us. Although a little ripped wouldn't be soooo bad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL...you two are funny! I LOVE IT!

    Healthy is priority, ripped, that's gravy!

    Way to go Kevin/Boomer (what do you want to be called? LOL) Seeing progress, that's key to continuing to make progress. The beginning of the journey...it's going to be an awesome journey!

    ReplyDelete