Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a thought....

this has nothing to do with my workouts, but seeing as this is my forum for all things random, I figured what the hell. So I was making lunch today in the lunchroom here at The Score and I realized how much more work it is to eat healthy. I have taken to bringing in my sandwich fixin's and putting together my meals here so I can toast the bread and put tomatoes etc, on if I want without making everything soggy.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing it, but it really does explain a lot of what ails society today, especially in these instant-gratification days we all live in. People want it now, and no waiting please and heaven forbid if they have to lift a finger to do something themselves, when a fast-food joint can take care of it for them. I'm loving making a fresh sandwich for my meal or heating up something delicious from the night before.

I didn't even realize how satisfying it was until just now to make it myself instead of having Subway do it for me.

Again, just some thoughts.....

4 comments:

  1. I love your just some thoughts :)

    it's true though. And your lunch sounded so much better than mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "just some thoughts" are thoughts that more people should have! It's so true...and think of all the money you saved, plus, you KNOW what's in YOUR food!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep thoughts by Jack Handey....

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kinda scary. I've
    wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I
    went to the circus and a clown killed my dad."

    LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete