Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Still going down that road

Two days in a row and it feels good! Got off to a nice early start even though my blood sugar tried to not cooperate, but I had an orange and a granola bar, turned my basal rate down and off I went to the basement, turned on the Canada/Germany game and started walking.

I did 30 minutes at 4.6 and to add a wrinkle at the 15-minute mark I increased my incline to 7%. Let me tell you that will cause a sweat to go from a nice glisten to Kevin on the beach in Delaware 4 years ago during that massive heat wave. Needless to say, it's a lot..LOL!!! I then did my Perfect pull-ups Ab Straps and then stretched it out.

Oh, I almost forgot, I also for the first time since I was a teenager probably, did a FULL PULL UP!!! I just decided to try it before I worked out and low and behold I did one! I will admit that it did not physically feel good to do, but emotionally... WOW!!!! I am down probably 20 pounds now and I am physically stronger than I have been in years and it shows! My upper body strength is improving slowly but surely and there are tangible results I can point to now as proof. I still need to build up the strength in my right leg as it is still an issue but nothing some lunges won't cure, but MAN!! what a night!!!!


day 3... tomorrow!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment