Tuesday, March 9, 2010

What a Weekend!!

Well we pulled it off. Pam managed to get to Burlington and surprise Lisa without slipping up. It was so great to be witness to that. Lisa was shocked and I think she may have teared up a bit (did you Lisa?) and it was a great moment.

I am so proud of my girl for accomplishing what she did; all three girls actually. You all did great!! I know Pam is very sore from her race and wants to properly train for the next one, so guess what? That is what we are going to do!! We have decided to do a 5K as a family, the Whitby 5000 on July 24th. Pam, Rebecca and myself are all going to do it. we are going to figure out a route in our neighborhood that is the right distance and start walking it, then build on up from there to running it. It is going to be awesome.

I managed to maintain my weight after the weekend which means I am at 228 1/2 pounds.... that would be exactly 20 pounds I am down, yeah baby!! I am very happy with that, and why shouldn't I be? We had an odd weekend for us. We don't stay at Hotels or eat out regularly so I was a the mercy of restaurants all weekend and I did okay. We stayed at the same hotel as our friends Jacqui & Eugene and we all went out to dinner together at Montana's which is my very favourite restaurant where I indulged in some ribs... oh baby, were they good. Then the buffet for breakfast the next day and I still did okay, so I am happy about that.

It was such a great time meeting Pam's WLW friends this weekend. It is always a little nerve-racking meeting new people because you don't know how or if you will get along. My worries were, of course, unfounded as we all got along famously. I think we spent more time laughing than anything else which was great and I think we have made some friends for life. I am really looking forward to getting to know & spending time with Lisa and Greg in June as we didn't get a tonne of time with them this weekend like we did with Jacqui & Eugene. But the time we did spend was great so no worries there.

So the training routine is about to change with more emphasis on building to that 5K and of course baseball training as the season fast approaches. I will try to keep this as up to date as possible. Until next time!!

4 comments:

  1. We are going to rock that 5K...we might have problems keeping up with Becca but we'll do it either way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was genuinely surprised to see you walk in that door! I almost flipped out! You both are wonderful! Your little Becca is totally adorable. It was fabulous meeting you, and btw, I love that you're a laugher Pam! So am I. I totally cracked up at your 'at the movies' comment because that's totally me. Sometimes I'm the ONLY one laughing..haha. We can't wait to meet you guys in June too. That race is going to be sooo good. If we all train our booties off, we'll definitely better our time. And I LOVE the idea of you all doing one together. That's going to totally feel like a major accomplishment as a family, and can you imagine what that will do for Becca and molding her future? You might just have a marathoner in the making right there. Hey Kevin, you're much taller than I expected :o) And actually so was Pam. But then again, I'm just a shortie, so that would make EVERYONE much taller than me. haha.
    SO glad to meet you guys! Truly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the scary part is I am the shortest of my three brothers...... and it was great seeing you guys as well. See you in June!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there!!! Sorry...didn't realize you were blogging!! You got that damn straight mister...new friends for life! Eugene and I absolutely LOVE your family! We had a great time. It was like you've been our friends all along! We really DO need to plan anther get-together! Glad to see you're doing this with Pam! You have no idea how much I wish Eugene would do it with me! Keep it up Kevin!!!!

    ReplyDelete